What Is A Solar Panel?
A Solar panel or a Photo-Voltaic Panel is a device that helps in converting light energy from the sun, which is made up of smaller components called, “photons”, to electrical energy that is further used to supply power to electrical appliances and other applications.
How Do Solar Panels Work?
Solar panels do the following
- The primary function is to convert the incident light energy to usable electric energy used to supply power to electric appliances.
- The design and make of solar panels are such that they hold together several separate units of solar cells. These are made up of layers of different materials like silicon, boron (responsible for the production of positive charges) and phosphorous (responsible for the production of negative charges).
- An electric current is generated as these solar panels absorb photons from the incident light.
- When light hits the material, the electrons are excited and can be collected by electrodes placed on either side of the material, producing an electric current. The photovoltaic effect is the phenomenon of generating an electric current in a material when it is exposed to light. This effect is the basis for the operation of solar cells, which convert sunlight into electricity.
- Solar arrays or solar strings are made up of solar panels that are connected in series and parallel to produce the correct current and voltage
Types of Solar Panel Systems and Solar Panels for Home and Solar Panels for Industry
A solar array generates DC power during the day which is then converted by an inverter to AC power. This is then used for home or industry during the day or over 24 hours cycle depending on technology further used as
- “Net metering” programs allow solar power plant owners whether solar panels for the home or solar panels for the industry, to get paid if their system produces more solar power than what is needed in the home or industry during the day. A bi-directional meter measures excess generated and allows users to set off this excess in their monthly electricity bills for the power drawn during other times of day from the grid when solar is not in use.
- In off-grid solar applications, a solar inverter is used with the battery bank. No power is given to the government grid and works as solar UPS. Solar panels send the captured energy is sent as direct current (DC) electricity from the Solar Panels via the charge controller reaching the battery bank. The inverter transforms the DC into alternating current (AC), which can be used for appliances in the home or industry, from the power drawn from the battery bank.
- Hybrid solar solutions combine the benefits of both the aforementioned “off-grid” and “net metering” applications.
The Benefits of Solar Panels
Solar Panels come with a multitude of benefits, out of which these being renewable, clean efficient sources of energy, features at the top.
- Solar panels are stationary installations and also are known for zero to little maintenance. Minimal maintenance is required in terms of keeping the glass surface of the panels clean from dust and droppings. This has to be done periodically by a trained electrician.
- They are known for their durability and known to stay productive and last for decades with optimal care and maintenance.
- The solar panels require an initial investment for installation, after which, owing to the minimal maintenance and durability, it is technically free of cost!
- If your energy consumption runs lesser than the abundance of solar energy system production, then you can even earn by selling excess power, at times at a premium, to the local electric distribution company for your area. A quick run-through with the distribution company’s policies and guidelines shall help you better to learn more!
How Much Do Solar Panels Cost? Solar Panel price?
The cost of solar panels has significantly dropped during the past few years. The following factors determine the price of the solar panels:
- The brand reliability, the technology of the solar panel,
- The product guarantee for replacement given by the manufacturer, the performance warranty offered by the manufacturer,
- The efficiency of solar panels, their size, their life and its year over year degradation.
Please contact the company or visit the website for details specifications and pricing or solar panel cost.
Best Solar Panels
We pride ourselves on having expertise in a lineage of solar panel brands that house the most reputed manufacturers in the solar panel business. There are eminent brands like Panasonic, REC, LivGuard, Adani, and Goldi, among others. We maintain a proven track record of delivering quality and customer-centric feature options in solar panel technology from manufacturers of solar panels. With decades of expertise in solar panel manufacturing and technology knowledge, you can rest assured that at www.sunapecopower.com, we know and provide the best solutions for solar panels!
SunAP Ecopower caters to solar panels across India. We offer overall support with your nearest supplier, with an easy message to the company on, “Solar Panels near me”.